FORMEDIA seeks to develop an integrated environment between
media, especially the electronic media, and society by co-operating
and collaborating with national and international governments, independent
institutions and members of civil society through training, seminars,
lectures, public debates, festivals and exhibitions.
The primary intention is to encourage, promote and when required,
support, the professional development of media cadre especially
in the Asian region.
The requisite supplementary targets are:
- to focus on globally acceptable content creation
- develop reality-representation formats that promote diversity
- document the use and impact of media
- publish information in the form of reports, books, CD-ROMs etc.
- disseminate similar information through the Internet,
- advice and assist local governmental, international and independent
bodies in formulating and implementing media policies, especially
for the electronic media