BIO : NEELIMA MATHUR
NEELIMA MATHUR has worked in the field of media as researcher, writer, executive producer and now trainer for nearly three decades. Her career began in the early seventies with one of the doyens of Indian journalism, Late Shri Chalapathi Rau, Editor of the daily newspaper, National Herald, as editor of the Sunday Magazine youth page. During which period she also freelanced as a journalist and critic with Indian newspapers, magazines and the radio.
Subsequently, she underwent a post-graduate course in journalism in India and a post-graduate diploma in mass communication in Germany, followed by a British Council Television Division and British Broadcasting Corporation training in research and scripting for television.
She has been a speaker at the Videazimut‑Cendit International Media Conference, The SAARC Conference on Media Strategies, The Small and Medium Newspapers Conference on Media Policy, The Press Council of India National Seminar on Women and Media, etc.
She has also worked as Member, Media Advisory Group for the International Centre Research on Women; apart from conducting workshops on writing for television at the Delhi University and Anuvaad Parishad (an organisation of translators).
In 2002-2003, she designed and conducted the first nine-month training programme in India, “Art of Documentary Film-making in India” under the Foundation For Responsible Media, the not-for-profit arm of Spotfilms. She is now a regular trainer with the European Union Media initiative ESODOC implemented by ZeLIG School of Documentary, Television and New Media, Italy (www.esodoc.eu)
Further details on www.spotfilms.net and www.formonline.org
AT A GLANCE:
- Researcher & Writer for SPOTFILMS 1973 onwards
- Post graduate Diploma in Journalism, New Delhi, 1972
- Youth page, Sunday Magazine Editor, National Herald (Daily),
- Freelance Journalist, 1972-1977
- Radio Programmer, Delhi Radio, 1972-1975
- Panel Writer, UNICEF Delhi, 1972-1976
- Post-graduation Diploma in Mass Communications, Germany, 1976
- BBC/British Council Script Training Workshop, New Delhi 1978
- Accredited Special Correspondent, 1988 onwards
- Course and Workshop Co-ordinator, Foundation For Responsible
- Teacher and mentor, ESODOC-ZeLIG School of Film, TV & New
- Project Manager, India, MEDIAIDS, an EU-India media project on