THIS DEED OF TRUST IS executed on this 24th day of March 2000 by
Sri Pramod Mathur s/o Late Brig. B.B. Mathur aged about Fifty Three
years, residing at B-27, 1st floor, Nizamuddin East, New Delhi-
110013 hereinafter called the author of the Trust.
WHEREAS the author of the trust is desirous of creating a Charitable
Trust and executing the request Deed of Trust setting forth the
terms and conditions and provisions thereof for the proper, permanent
and efficient administration of the Trust.
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSETH AS FOLLOWS:
1. The Trust shall be styled as FOUNDATION FOR RESPONSIBLE MEDIA.
2. The office of the Trust shall be at E - 4, Andrewsganj Extension, New Delhi- 110049.
3. The objects of the Trust shall be:
- Develop an integrated environment between media, especially
electronic media, and the various socio-economic, cultural and
political fields to deal with concerned issues in a professional
and issue-related manner.
- Promote awareness of national and grassroots issues through
media especially electronic media.
- Promote and develop formats of responsible media presentation,
especially the electronic media, keeping in mind the socio-cultural
and economic subtleties of the country.
- Inculcate awareness for national and grassroots issues through
responsible media, especially electronic media.
- Document and publish information regarding use and impact of
media, especially electronic media in the form of books, CD-ROMs
- Advice, and if needed, assist state, central government and
international governments and independent bodies in forming and
implementing media policies, especially for the electronic media.
- Promote the professional development of media cadre through
education, research and training by running workshops and courses.
- Organize and promote conferences, seminars, lectures, public
debates, documentary festivals and exhibitions for responsible
media, especially electronic media.
- Co-operate and collaborate with other national and international
governments & independent institutions with similar objectives.
- Organize and maintain amenities for members, project-inducted
members and visiting experts.
Set up or aid the setting up of regional/zonal branches of the
4. The Author of the Trust hereby sets apart a sum of Rs. 10,000/-
(Rupees Ten Thousand only) to be held in Trust as nucleus for the
purpose of the Trust.
5. The Trust shall be managed by the Trustees consisting of:
- Mr. Pramod Mathur s/o late Brig. B. B. Mathur r/o E - 4, Andrewsganj Extension, New Delhi- 110049.
- Ms. Neelima Mathur w/o Pramod Mathur,E - 4, Andrewsganj Extension, New Delhi- 110049.
- Ms. Tanushree, w/o Sagarmoy Paul, r/o B64 IFS Apartments, Mayur
Vihar Phase 1, New Delhi- 110 091.
The first Trustee Mr. Pramod Mathur shall be the President of
the Trust and he may co-opt further Trustees but the total number
of the trustees shall not exceed eight.
6. The Trust hereby created is not revocable at the instance of
the Author of the Trust at any time and under any circumstances.
7. The Trustees shall be competent and are hereby empowered to:
- Receive any more and further assts in any shape or form as and
when given by the Author of the Trust, any of the Trustees or
any other persons or institution.
- Collect funds by donations, subscriptions, grants, presents
- Invest the funds to the extent necessary in accordance with
the provisions of Section 13(1) read with Section 13(5) of the
Income Tax Act, 1961 or such other sections of the Income Tax
Act as amend from time to time so that the income of the Trust
will be exempt from Income Tax.
- Acquire on lease, purchase, or otherwise, sell, mortgage, lease
out or transfer in any other manner properties (movable or immovable)
construct buildings and effect other improvements for the purpose
of the Trust.
- Help and render assistance to the needy in all possible way.
- Make donations or contributions for attaining and in furtherance
of the objects of the Trust.
- Borrow for the purpose of the Trust on personal credit of the
trustees with or without charges or responsibilities upon the
assets of the trust.
- Meet necessary expenses to be incurred in connection with the
execution and administration of the Trust.
- Establish centers in different parts of the country for carrying
out the objects of the Trust.
- Do all or any of the aforesaid things, transactions or matters
and do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to
the attainment of the aims and objects of the Trust.
8. None of the powers enumerated above will be deemed to authorize
the carrying on of any activity for profit by the Trustees and these
powers shall be exercised by the trustees in such manner that the
income of the Trust will be exempt from tax under Section 11, 12
and 13 of the Income Tax Act 1961 or such other sections or clauses
as amended from time to time.
9. All or any of the powers vested in or exercisable by the Trustees
as per this Deed of Trust shall be capable of being performed or
exercised by a majority of the Trustees present at the meeting of
the Trustees and any action or decision of such majority shall be
valid and effective as it would have been if done by all the other
10. The Trustees, if they so choose and for the benefit of the Trust
may Delegate by means of a resolution in writing any or all of their
powers to any one or more of them or any other person for such time
and purpose as they deem fit.
11. The Trustees may, if so desire, elect from among themselves
a secretary, a Joint Secretary and a Treasurer and they shall hold
office for a period of three years. The Trustees shall take charge
of the Trust assets and hold and administer the same in accordance
with the terms of the Deed. All bank accounts shall be operated
by the first trustee. Sri Pramod Mathur or Ms. Neelima Mathur singly.
12. The office of the President of the Trust shall be for life.
On the death of the President, the person succeeding him shall hold
office for life. The other Trustees shall hold office for a period
of five years from the date of appointment or nomination as Trustees
but shall be eligible to be re-appointed.
13. Any Trustee may, at any time resign his office of Trusteeship
by giving one month's notice in writing to his co-trustees and upon
the expiry of the period; such Trustee shall be deemed to have vacated
his office. The office of the Trustee falling vacant either by death
or by resignation or expiry of 5 years period may be filled by nomination
by the President of the Trust.
14. The meeting of the Trustees shall be presided over by the President
of the trust and in his absence; the Trustees present in the meeting
shall elect one of them to preside over that meeting.
15. The Trustees shall meet from time to time as and when necessary
to transact business and for considering the betterment of the Trust
and its assets. The President of the Trust or the President of the
meeting, as the case may be, shall have a casting vote in case of
equality of votes. Fifteen days notice of all meetings of the Trustees
shall be given to all Trustees either by Registered post or in any
other manner as decided by the Trustees. The quorum for the meeting
shall be one-third of the total number of Trustees. In case there
is no quorum at the time fixed for the meeting, the meeting shall
stand adjourned by half and hour and the trustees present as the
adjourned meeting shall for the quorum, the postponed meeting is
entitled to transact its business without waiting for the quorum.
16. The Trustee shall cause true and correct accounts to be kept
of the sum of money and other assets received and expended on behalf
of the Trust. Once at least every year, the accounts of the trust
shall be examined and the correctness of the accounts and Balance
Sheet ascertained by a Chartered Accountant appointed by the Trustees.
The financial statements shall be counter-singed by the President,
and other trustees as the trust may decide in its meeting.
17. The office of the Trustees will be honorary but the Trustees
will be entitled to be paid their actual traveling expenses and
other incidental charges incurred by them in attending the meetings
and in connection with carrying out the objects of the Trust.
18. If for any reason, it is not possible to carry out the objects
of the Trust, any assets remaining in the Trust shall be transferred
to any other trust or Institution or Society whose objects are similar
to the objects of the Trust.
19. The Trustees are wholly indemnified against any expenses or
losses incurred or suffered in regard to any act, deed or omission
of their duties as Trustees of theirs in the performance of their
duties as trustees or any payments made by them in the administration
of the trust and such expenses, losses and payments shall be borne
by the trust and none of the Trustees shall in any way be personally
liable or responsible for the same.
20. The rules governing the administration of the trust may be amended
by the Trustees however, that the amended rules are not inconsistent
with the objects of the Trust and are not repugnant to the provision
of Section 2(15), 11, 2, 13 and 80-G of the Income Tax Act, 1961
or such other sections or clauses as may be amended or added from
time to time governing the activities or public Charitable trusts.
21. The benefits of the Trust shall be open to all irrespective
of the caste, creed or religion.
22. The funds and income of the Trust shall be solely utilized toward
the achievements of the objects and no portion of it shall be utilized
for payment to Trustees by way of profit, dividend etc.
23. In the event of the dissolution or winding up of the Trust,
the assets remaining as on the date of dissolution shall under no
circumstances be distributed among the trustees but the same shall
be transferred to another charitable Trust, society, association
or institution whose objects are similar to those of their Trust
and which enjoys recognition under Section 80-G of the Income Tax